The Sportsfield Committee would like to say a massive thank you for all the hard work that the Cricket Club and their groundsmen have put into the field this year to make it amazing!!!
These improvements have come at a cost of tens of thousands of pounds and many hundreds of hours of effort.
Avebury Sportsfield was, is, and always will be, a completely open access facility for members of the Parish to exercise or simply relax in, with booking only required for a bigger event (see booking form below).
Avebury Cricket Club maintain the entire field (with the Avebury Sportsfield Committee), and even in this current lockdown phase, the grounds staff are working on the outfield, square, nets, sheds and other areas nearly 7 days a week.
(The Cricket Club nets are also open for use by members at all times, subject to a strict booking system.)
With this in mind, please can everybody be respectful of:-
- The rights of paid-up Cricket Club members to practise safely in the nets (2m social distancing should be adhered to at all times);
- The need for the Grounds Staff to to continue to work safely and without being unduly inconvenienced as they strive to keep the sports field in the manner to which we’re all become accustomed!
In particular, please can everyone avoid:-
- Bringing cars onto the field;
- Allowing dogs to defecate on the field;
- Walking on (or allowing animals to walk on) the cricket square in the middle of the field, and
- The pavilion building and associated outbuildings (groundsmans sheds), all of which are closed to the public for the time being until the lock-down is lifted, with the pavilion only open as a WC and washroom facility for Cricket Club practice.
Having taken on the lease for the Sportsfield last year we are now pleased to announce the opening of our brand new Pavilion!
This can be hired on its own or with the field and is suitable for a range of events or activities.
Check current availability for field/pavilion then use the contact form to make a booking.